Tuesday, January 27, 2009

i know it's been a while since i've really written anything....even a sweet follower of this blog emailed me to see if i was doing ok....checkin' on me...very nice.

i am trying to collect my thoughts and i will be back...to write more and share my heart. it's just been hard lately and while i still hold fast to my faith and know God is totally sovereign over everything, including all the events of my life this past year, depression and anxiety have set in the last month or two and have paralyzed me somewhat and my thought process has been hard to comprehend at times, even harder to share with others....mostly just keeping to myself.

so thanks for caring and praying and thank you, sweet devon for checking on me!!

i am learning a lot in this season and will share it with you when i can find a quiet time to write again...

8 comments:

Rob and Amy said...

I was thinking about you last night on my drive to school. I really was thinking about how far you have come in a years time. It may not seem like far to you, but I really can tell a different in your posts, Lyss.

Continuing to pray for you all

Ken said...

when you're ready to write again, I'll be here waiting for you. I check here every day.

sumi said...

Thanks Alyssa, for the update. I've missed you and I am looking forward to hearing more from you soon. HUGS...

boltefamily said...

Always remembering you in prayer.

AW said...

Alyssa, sometimes in the midst of the quiet hard times, I feel so disconnected from everything. Yet, when I look back to it, it was really my time to be with God and God alone.

Don't apologize for taking some time to yourself. You answer to nobody but Him. But we are still here...

LOVE YOU!
A

Gram said...

dear daughter, i LOVE your supportive friends. i LOVE you, m^m

Susie (So Blessed) said...

I'm praying for God's peace...His protection of your heart and mind and comfort in your grief.

Ebe said...

Random (maybe not happenstance though) blog jumping lead me here to your blog.
I don't really know what I wanted to say when I clicked to comment. I just wanted you to know that you're not alone.
My heart aches for you and your family.