Friday, December 5, 2008

still no news...

this morning began for us at 1:30am with a very sick liam with a fever of 103. he was having problems breathing so ian had to take him to the doctor right away while i went to our ultrasound....such a hard morning...ian wanted to be with me, ian wanted to take care of our son...i wanted ian to be with me and hold my hand, i wanted liam to be looked at and be ok and get medicine...

so liam got some meds but i was left to still wait.

the ultrasound showed growth that was not there the last time i was there....yet, there still was no heartbeat...our doctor is concerned about making any rash judgements of a DNC right away because what he sees today is different from two weeks ago...however, my numbers going down is not promising and neither is the absence of a heartbeat and the measuring of the baby was still off....

so for now, i wait over the weekend and see what happens....he always wants to be optimistic but also thinks this probably will end the way we think it will....he just can't say for 100% today that is true....

so, we go back next wednesday for the final confirmation. no more bloodwork. all done with that....so, for now...we wait some more....

and focus getting our liam better for his 4th birthday on sunday.....

8 comments:

Corie said...

What a road my friend! Praying for some rest this weekend.

AngelMommy said...

This is such a winding journey ... I wish I knew why God is taking you through all of these steps, but I know He has a marvelous purpose for you and your children. He has used you all so much already to bless so many. I will keep praying and keep trusting that it is a perfect plan and although we cannot see the whole picture now, the final painting will be glorious.
I love you girl ... give Liam a hug for me and tell him I hope he feels better.
Always...

Marie Ruiz said...

Praying this weekend goes by quickly for you guys!

Emily said...

Oh INCREDIBLY frustrating! I'm praying - on all fronts! Enjoy (as much as possible) your weekend with your mom. :)

sumi said...

I have really had you on my heart and prayed for you today. HUGS...

AW said...

Lyss, this sounds exactly what we went through last spring. I'm sorry the wait is so agonizing...and I know it is.

We're praying...

Andi

Sheena said...

Waiting - something we all seem to find so hard to do! Yet God tells us that they who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength, they will rise up with wings as eagles, they will run and not be weary, they will walk and not be faint! (Isaiah chapter 40). Praying that this waiting time will be a precious time of waiting on the Lord.
love and prayers,
Sheena

reflections said...

I just went through this in April, after a 17 week loss in July '06. I chose, after the baby reabsorbed and it was clear that there was no hope, to do a Medically Managed miscarriage. I still had to have a D&C, because of retained tissue w/ blood flow but I am glad I tried to do it without surgery. If you go back to May-July in my blog (for this year) it has the whole journey. (((hugs)))