Friday, November 7, 2008

another name written in the book of life...

we were planning on sharing with all of you very soon the great news that we are expecting...

i was so very excited and hopeful...but very cautious and guarded as well. because i know we are not promised anything. i have been going through a really hard time with my dear friend who is miscarrying right now and it has painfully reminded me of that and i also know that truth all too well after losing sydney.

so to have to share sad news with you before we can celebrate the good is quite ironic and sad and weird....

but we found out today that we are miscarrying....

another sweet soul added to heaven, welcomed to Sydney's home....and in the arms of Jesus.

just wanted to ask you for your prayers for us, for our hearts, for our hope, for liam who is sad once again and confused as to why babies "always" die....prayers for our minds to be protected from the enemy who wants to steal our hope and our joy that we have found in the last couple months, even before knowing of our pregnancy....the joy and peace about sydney lately was unsurpassing and heavenly....

thanks in advance for the love and prayers......

19 comments:

Sheena said...

I have no words of my own to help and comfort you in your loss - I can only give you the Word of God:
"The eternal God is a dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms." Deuteronomy 33:27. You are in my prayers.
Sheena

Unknown said...

I am grieving right along with you. I wish there were more I could say.

boltefamily said...

I am praying for you Alyssa! I am so sorry you all have to deal with this heartache again. I wish I had some words of wisdom, but things just aren't making much sense to me these days. Please know you and your family are loved and covered in prayer.

Love,
Kristy

Devon said...

oh, i am so heartbroken for you. just know you are in my thoughts...may god hold you close as you experience yet another loss.

me and some friends have started a private forum/chat group for moms who have lost babies. if you would like to join and chat with others on this journey, please email me at robdevmikels@yahoo.com

hugs my sweet friend...

sumi said...

Oh Alyssa....

HUGS and prayers...

Corie said...

I am praying for you. I am SO sorry. No other words...just love you!

Laura said...

You have been through so much, I am so sorry that you will not get to hold this little one, but you know that He does until you meet to spend eternity together. I have five little ones waiting for me. It is ironic to rejoice with you in the creation of your little one and pray for you in the loss at the same time but you are a mommy carrying her faith through it all and you should be honored for the soul created in you and your faith in following His plan. You are loved.

Emily said...

I'm sitting alongside you, my heart heavy with yours, my eyes filled like yours, wishing I could do more than lift your name to His ears....

"When Job's three friends, Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite, heard about all the troubles that had come upon him, they set out from their homes and met together by agreement to go and sympathize with him and comfort him. 12 When they saw him from a distance, they could hardly recognize him; they began to weep aloud, and they tore their robes and sprinkled dust on their heads. 13 Then they sat on the ground with him for seven days and seven nights. No one said a word to him, because they saw how great his suffering was." Job 2:11-13

I won't say a word. I promise. ;)

Halo G said...

i'm so sorry alyssa. i wish peace for you and for your wounded soul. and i send you hugs and all of my thoughts. i am always here if you need--arms for hugging, shoulder for crying, ears for listening, time for sharing.

Gram said...

today at church, in the middle of a series on prayer, we are going to experience sitting with friends at the "mourning bench". we will learn more about the disciples as they fell asleep at the feet of Jesus in the garden, sharing his grief with Him. some will sit in chairs scattered around the church and welcome church members who will join them and sit beside them while they quietly pray for each other - neither speaking but letting the Holy Spirit be the intercessor. i love Emily's words and the scripture about job and his friends. you have many who sit on that mourning bench with you this morning and who are praying silently for you. we are all becoming more like Him through this - He loves you and won't forget you. i love you, m^m

Rob and Amy said...

Oh lyss.....words fail me. Find Faith Alyssa...hold tight onto it.

Jen said...

I'm so sorry.

christi said...

praying....

The Mitchells said...

I can't think of a single thing to say, so I hope that you feel the Lord's arms around you.

Marie Ruiz said...

Alyssa- I am so sad for you right now and find myself asking why God-why Alyssa. But I know He has a plan- we can rest in know that! I'm just praying He sends much joy your way soon and that you feel an overwhelming sense of peace and love! He loves you and so do I!
-Marie

AW said...

((((((((Lyss)))))))

This is nothing I know...but words just fail me this morning even though you are constantly in my thoughts right now.

Carolyn said...

You already know my feelings about yet again..another sorrowful and oh, so painful time. But I will repeat what you also know and that is that I love you all so very much. My prayers are a constant thing.

Ashley said...

Alyssa, I wish I had the right words to say, but all I can think of is to say that I'm praying for you and your sweet family. May He carry you and hold you close.

Annie said...

You are supported by our thought's and prayers, but most gently and firmly by the hands of God. Your openness in sharing this with us is inspiring, and a blessing. My verse for you would be "For The Eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him." 2 Chron 16:9 I will add your blog to my family roll to keep up with events.