Monday, January 28, 2008

You take the good, you take the bad.

If you have chosen to follow me in this journey, you have to take my good with my bad. My ups with my downs. I will not sugar coat any emotion or edit myself right now. Some of my words will be angry because I am entitled to that right now. That being said, on a good note-I want to give you some "ups" or "blessings" or positive things going on. I have joined a gym and am working on taking care of myself for once. Running and lifting weights is a great stress reliever....I am finally taking the time to take care of my body, which has been very beneficial to the mind as well. I have always wanted to do this, but always talked myself out of it because I hate gyms. I hate the scene. But my friend belongs to the JCC and she took me along one night and I was hooked. It is a very family friendly atmosphere and I can put in the iPod and just run all my stress out...It's my early birthday present from my parents, a gift that keeps on giving...(thanks mom and dad) ... it has been a nice change of pace, a positive thing for my mind and body and something new. Plus, it gets me out the house and gives me some much needed mommy-time to myself. Ian and I also enjoyed a lovely cozy pancake and eggs dinner with our "Hooblers" on Sunday night. (The Hoobler's are my parent's best friends=like second family where each family has earned honorary family status with the other through the years and my parents are their kids Auntee Jan and Uncle Bruce and George and Margaret are the same for me and Chris. Ian decided a couple years back that Amy and Kenny are our very own "Hooblers" here) It was so great to relax with our friends and sit around the table with our knees maybe up in the chair, eating pancakes in our jammies, talking about life, laughing, being silly and telling stories...it was like a warm blanket to my soul...Ian and I both came home happy to have spent time with our "Hooblers... We also went to church for the first time since Sydney died. Liam had a fit when we left him in Sunday School, so I cried all the way back over to service. I cried through worship but held Ian's hand tightly through the moments I thought I might fall over. It was hard, but I am glad we made the effort. It will get easier with time, just still very fresh. So, for all you who might be worried about me and my mental state, there are three positive things that have happened this weekend. Still taking it one day at a time. (and if you started singing the facts of life theme song with my title, you are my friend.)

4 comments:

Gram said...

lyss, i have had several young women at church tell me how much they appreciate your honesty. they, too, are christian. some have the same blunt honesty - others still keep it somewhat hidden. but all are being touched by your words. i have my hands stretched high on this roller coaster ride - just like liam does when the car goes over a hill - i still have so much to learn about being a mother (after 31 years!!); just know that we love you so much and while we hurt when you hurt, we feel joy when you do. i know in my heart that you will get through this and will honor Sydney Grace in beautiful ways for the rest of your life. i love you, m^m

p.s. i let you and chris watch entirely TOO MUCH tv when you were little - you both know every theme song to every 80s television series there ever was!

Carolyn said...

I told you that we can take, so voice what needs to come out. As for your stretching your muscles, building a stronger you, inside and out, I am so glad you have found that outlet. I am attempting it, but I do believe that I am the one everyone is watching (out of the corner of their eyes) and wondering what the heck the idiot woman is doing, because I really think that I make working out look pretty comedic.

I'm glad you and Ian are catching some good quality time together. It makes for some nice, comforting moments for you both.

Keep sharing. I'm always listening. Oh...and thanks...I'll be singing that crazy song all day, cause it keeps running thru my head.

I'll be e-mailing you too.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the JCC - its my therapy too. I cant tell you how happy I am that you are there with me - through both of our trails. It really does help that you come with me and I hope it helps you too. Loves

amy said...

we love being your "hooblers". and i think its funny that we've called ourselves that for so long and have never even met the real hooblers. i feel like we're stealing someone's identity! we had a great time, eating the most random meal ever at 4 different times. i can't wait for more of those no pressure dinners! HA! can't believe we forgot the hashbrowns. we love you.