Monday, February 25, 2008
my love is loud.
in all the chaos, i have totally forgotten how i love. i love so deeply, so intensely. i don't know how to love any other way. it is so unnatural for me to love shallowly and with plastic speech. i don't know how to have surface relationships. i have always struggled with that, because i want to love "hard" and loud. it is in my genes. my entire family is this way. my mom and dad, they have never met a stranger and love so hard and are so loyal. my cousins, my aunts and uncle, we are all that way. i know it scared ian and jenny when they first married into our mess of love with me and chris and our "love is loud" family. but to love this way, it is how i grew up. this kind of passionate love can be extreme and wonderful and volatile all at the same time...that is what passion is. it swells within you, uncontrollable at times but it breeds an empathetic spirit and you just love back, taking on one another's joys and pains...it has been both a blessing and a curse because as madly as i love, i hurt that madly as well. i have struggled my whole life to find the happy medium and it seems like it is not to be. i was told on a mission trip once, when i was moved to heavy crying and pain while seeing hurting children, to think about that God made my heart like that so in my deep hurting for others, i would be moved to action on the behalf of other's suffering. it liberated me to think that my intense way of hurting for others could somehow be productive and find it's purpose that way instead of just feeling like my emotions were "just being a girl" like i had been told so many times by friends growing up. no, now that i stand in the this tornado, i know i was created to hurt and feel other's pain intensely for a reason. sympathy is wonderful. empathy is a gift. a gift that was once wrapped in your own pain and now recycled in pretty paper to give hope and comfort to another that needs it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Wow. Once ahead you have left me speechless. You have articulated what I cannot. God created us vessels of His love and grace - I am only starting to see this, after 28 years... it is both a curse and a blessing - but when you get to heaven and see how He used you, it is totally and completely a blessing. I was just standing in the shower yesterday wishing I could just feel things normally...not FEEL everything so much. But it's who we are, girl, embrace it...
Your words are balm to so many souls...hope you know that.
Gah, I'm not really getting across what I want to say but hitting send anyway.
I have been following your blog and even through your unbearable pain, you are such an encouragement to so many. You just put into words what I cannot. I love deep and passionately just like you. I have been so broken over reading your blog, crying many tears for you and my husband is wondering, why are you doing this to yourself? He has a hard time understanding how i love and hurt. I cannot help it. My heart grieves for you. I wish there was something i could do for you and i don't even know you. your words are beautiful and they press me on to love my God, my husband, my kids, my friends, and my family even more than I do. I know that God has a purpose for us "mad" lovers in the Kingdom. Bless you!
I totally agree with pipsylou and the kaufman krew in saying I truly understand the depth of emotion you are feeling. The tears come out of seemingly nowhere and at times actually make your gut hurt, like doubling over in pain. I have tried to supress some of my grief so I won't distress others,and because I cannot diquise the red nose and puffy eyes, but sometimes it is too painful to bear. To think of you and Ian and Liam struggling through this pain just so extrenely touches my heart.We want so much to hug you tight and give you words of hope and comfort. Your words in this blog, Lyss, DO help others, and I see that you are reaching out, not only for comfort but to help others, and I believe you have a special gift to share your heart. I don't know who some of these people are, but I sense that there is a powerful purpose in your writings. I don't care to remain annonymous(mainly 'cause I can't figure out how not to), I am your mother-in-law and I'm proud to call you family. Donna
Post a Comment