Thursday, February 28, 2008
now i lay me down to sleep...
there is a bassinet that liam slept in when he was a newborn. after that, my best friend's amy and julie here borrowed it for their little girls....then when it came time for my brother's first born in austin, she got to sleep in it and then my best friend jolie, also in austin, borrowed it for her little one after chris and jenny. then, it came back, via my parents on a drive out...back here for amy's second little one...then, back to austin for chris and jenny's second baby...then it was to come back here for our second, for our sydney....i wrote all the names and birthdates of all the sweet babies that laid their little heads in that bassinet, on the cardboard piece under the mattress....it was such a special thing for me to be able to share with the people i love...liam and i were going through his baby pictures today because i wanted to show him how much he and his sister looked alike when they were itty bitty and right out of momma's tummy.....then i came upon a picture of the bassinet with liam sleeping in it...and it made my heart sink...that our sweet sydney won't ever get to lay her head where so many others have...that i won't get to write her name with the others...it just made me sad. it made me miss her and remember that expectation that i had forgotten about...sharing that tradition and getting to place my daughter in the bed that was so special to me. my parent's have it right now at their house, who knows who will get to use it next...but it breaks my heart that it won't be us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







8 comments:
it is safe and sound, tucked away. i pray that you WILL use it again some day. and i think you should consider putting syd's name on the tagboard bottom, anyway. she is one of us. i love you, m^m
As a non-believer, I used to think there was an element of morbidity in that prayer. Now, as a momma and a Christ-follower, it's a prayer that I pray over my child quite often FOR him. I would like to think that he needs and wants me to pray it over him, as he's too young to do it himself. But I do pray that the Lord take care of our babies when they're out of our reach. Whether it's daycare or heaven...they are in His hands.
I know it's not the same...but it's my prayer that you use it again too. And agree with your mom, put Sydney's name it. I think it should be there.
It might be you, Lyss. You don't know God's plans. He has some very surprising and grand things in store for you. I talked to him today about you. :)
Put Sydney's name on it.
Well aren't I just a big fat jerk. Visited your mom's blog and saw that it was your birthday on Monday!
Happy Birthday, 4 days late!
kinda think you should write sweet sydney's name on it. i don't like the thought of it not being there with all the others. maybe with a little note, or something? i think it would be sweet and appropriate.
I just have to say that I agree with everyone else. Sydney was born to you, and is and will always belong to you. I can see her in my mind in that bassinet. She is alive in our real home with the Lord. Her name deserves to be placed there. Your mom is right, she is one of all of your family.
I pray your moms prayer too. z
you don't know me, I don't know you, I saw your blog on one of my friends blogs. I am so touched to read your openness, I cry along with you. Know that I am praying for you and your beautiful family. All 4 of you.
Praying for you, sweet friend. My little Hope (4) believes that Miller Grace and all her friends share a cloud bed. If it helps at all, I believe her and I'm willing to bet that Sydney and Miller Grace would be quick to tell you that you can't imagine how soft it is. :) I wonder if Jesus lets them jump on the bed....
Okay, done being silly. I love your heart, I love how real you are about your pain, and I love that you are processing each and every memory that you grieve and how you trust God to guide you through these raging waters. The Son is on the other side. :)
Post a Comment